2011/06/25

Eye contact

Our class requires us to take just one class in a week to take in this quarter.
And today was the first day of that class.

Today we practiced to talk with a partner in 3 ways.
First time we talk with our partner as usual.
And next the teacher forbade one to have an eye contact in talking with a partner.
My partner didn't know what the teacher said to us at that time.
And when I started to talk with my partner without eye contact, he noticed the difference at once and he seemed mad.
And actually I felt weird as well.
It was hard to talk with others without eye contact because I always try to have an eye contact when talking with others.
Perhaps it is not common in Japan but I think talking with eye contact makes conversation more efficient.
It easy to tell others my opinion.
Thanks to this practice I noticed the importance of eye contact.
It makes our friendship almost broken at that time though.
And last my partner talked much closer than usual.
As you know it was not comfortable , even if he were girl.
It is called 'interpersonal distance' which I studied at my university because it is really important for architecture.
Even I knew it, I haven't do like this before, so this practice helped me understand 'interpersonal distance' practically.

In those ways, we leaned some way to talk with others efficiently.
I thought this class might be useless for us, but it was really interesting.
I learned how important the eye contact and the 'interpersonal distance' are.

I wish I wouldn't have any assignment though....

Ayumi*

[Today's]
steps:14590
breakfast:brownie
lunch:dim sum(点心) with my friends at a Chinese Restaurant
dinner:curry rice(Japanese style)/ひじきの煮物/たこ焼き at my friends house

No comments:

Post a Comment