2011/06/26

Architecture

I felt that I had lived away from architecture since I came to the US.
However the internship reminds me the passion the attachment to architecture.

So today I visited one of the architecture in Seattle.
It is the Chapel of St. Ignatius, which is designed by Steven Holl.
At first glance, I didn't like it.
I think it's because of the color and the shape of the windows on the door.
However I was impressed when going into the chapel.

I thought this chapel seems like the chapel of Notre Dame du Haut (Ronchamp) because of the lightning.
I felt comfortable there somehow.
Anyways I really like inside of this chapel.
If you are interested in this chapel more, check it out my album on facebook.
There are some pictures I took today.

I regret that I haven't visited architecture for a long time.
There must be a lot of great architecture around Seattle.
I decided to go somewhere every weekend because I still/just have a little less than 2 months.

I must be more active!!!

Ayumi*

[Today's]
steps: 15104
breakfast: nothing (because I got up at 11:00am)
lunch: bibimbap
snack: ice cream(at Molly Moon Ice Cream Shop, which is the most famous ice cream shop in Seattle)
dinner: nothing (because I'm still stuffed. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment