2011/01/26

NY2



Today I am going to talk about the other impressive place.

It is one of the museum in NY, Dia:Beacon.
This museum exhibits the collection of the art from 1960s to the present.
There are a lot of works that totally I couldn't make out.
However there are some sculptures of Richard Serra on long-term view.
He is one of the artist as well as the sculptor who my family loves.
The first time I met his sculptures is when I visted Guggenheim Museum Bilbao 2 years ago.
Most of his works which I know are made of rusty steel and some of his sculptures can be entered into.
When I entered into his sculptures, I felt that I came to another world.
The steel wall surrounds me and any sounds other than my voice cannot be heard.
His sculptures gives me meditation time.
Although I love his sculptures, photography is prohibited so I couldn't take pictures at all....
If you are interested in his works, please look for him on the Internet.
You can find him there easily.

And Aalthough I like this museum, I can't recommend you to this museum.
This museum is located in very north place of New York City and so it takes more than 1 hour by car.
And also there are only works of the contemporary art.
Those are why I can't recommend you to visit there.
However I like that museum and I want to visit it again except in winter.

Ayumi*

[Today's]
steps: 6956
breakfast: cereal wth milk
lunch: left over
dinner: spaghetti with meat sauce/ bread

No comments:

Post a Comment